1st Durham Girls’ Brigade was started in 1969 when it was first affiliated to Durham City Baptist Church.
The company is part of a worldwide organisation which began in Ireland in 1893.
In 1965 three organisations – Girls’ Brigade of Ireland, The Girls’ Guildry and The Girls’ Life Brigade united to form what is now known as The Girls’ Brigade and there are companies in 53 countries worldwide.
To find out more visit these sites:
The aim of The Girls’ Brigade is to help girls become followers of the Lord Jesus Christ; and through self-control, reverence and a sense of responsibility to find true enrichment of life.
Seek, Serve and Follow Christ.
1st Durham Girls’ Brigade Company belongs to Northumberland and Durham District which includes companies from Durham in the south to Seahouses in the north; and to Region 1 which includes other Districts in Teeside and Cumbria.