We are re-opening for worship at 10.30 a.m. from Sunday 9th August.
This is a step forward, but we are not “back to normal”. We know that some people won’t be able to come, as they are shielding or clinically vulnerable, or are a bit anxious about meeting in a large group indoors. Please don’t feel that there is any pressure on you to come!
Please stay at home if you or a member of your household have any coronavirus symptoms e.g. a high temperature, a new continuous cough, or a change to your sense of smell.
You can still join the NBA Sunday Worship Service online each week until September
What will it be like if you come to church?
It’ll be a bit of an adventure for all of us.. but we know that however different things are, we will be in the Father’s presence together…. with at least some of our Family, and we can also remember in prayer those who can’t yet be there with us.
The services will last for around 30 minutes, and involve prayers, Bible readings, a short talk, and listening to music.
What precautions are you taking to reduce the risk of spreading the coronavirus?
- We’ll keep socially-distant as we enter church- and remember, no hugs or handshakes!
- We will wear face-coverings, as we do in shops.
- We will wash our hands on entering, or use hand sanitiser
- The chairs will be 2 metres apart. Please fill the front seats first. Families may put chairs in their row closer together. Young children should sit with their parents.
- You will be asked to give your name and phone number, or other contact detail, so that you can be traced if anyone at the service tests positive for the virus in a few days’ time. This record will be kept securely for 21 days, then destroyed. (See the Privacy Notice which accompanies this letter)
- You will see tissues, sanitiser and pedal bins at each side of the hall. Please use these if you need to cough or sneeze, or touch your face.
- We have cleaned and sanitised before the service and will do it again after the service.
- If you need to use the toilet, will you please sanitise it with wipes, placing them in the bins provided. Parents need to accompany their children, to ensure surfaces are sanitised etc.
- Sadly, we are not allowed to sing, or shout. But we can clap, stamp, shake our keys, – and enjoy recorded praise and worship together!
- We will leave at the end of the service, maintaining social distance.