Some of us used to sing a song:
Count your blessings
Name them one by one
And it will surprise you what the Lord has done.
We meet together about once every two weeks to read the Bible together and talk about it. The Bible can seem a bit complicated and it helps to talk together about what it means for us, today. This week we started reading Paul’s letter to the Ephesians. It said that God has “blessed us with every spiritual blessing”.
But what are these blessings, we wondered?
When we continued to read and talk, we got a bit more detail.
- He has chosen us because he wants to change our lives around;
- And he has adopted us as his children – so that we can talk to him like we would to a loving parent, knowing he cares;
- He’s sorted out all the things that seem to get in the way of our relationship with him – that’s what Jesus did when he died for us to forgive us for all the wrong thing things in our lives;
- And it’s not just for now – it’s for our whole life and after we die – we’ll still be his children for ever!
- God will work out our lives in a good way – he’ll be in charge if we let him;
- So he gives us the Holy of Spirit who lives with us and helps us sort our lives out.
So that’s a lot of blessings!
What an amazing God we have!
If you want to join us this week in finding out more and serving those in the local community, then please feel free to come to any of these meetings:
- Heroes – a group for children of primary school age, meeting from 4.30-6pm on Tuesdays. There is a weekly subscription of 80p.
- GB – a group for girls of school age, which meets on a Thursday night.
- Coffee morning – the 2nd and 4th Friday of each month from 10.30am-12pm.
- Church service – 10.30am every Sunday morning.
- Litter pick – a one-off event organised along with Emmanuel Church. Bring your own lunch at 12.30pm on Sunday 13th and then join in in cleaning up the local area.
- Bible study and fellowship group – alternate Monday nights from 7.15pm (next meeting is the 14th October)